Saturday, June 09, 2007

Unknown device on ASUS P5B Deluxe

After a fresh Windows XP Pro x64 installation and installing all possible device drivers, I still had an Unknown driverless device left.

Pretty much everything I could get from the device manager was

Driver Instance ID: ACPI\ATK0110\1010110


Windows update did not know anything about this mysterious device, so the only thing I had left to do is google for the device instance ID. Of course, I was not the first one to face this problem and the solution came up fast here and here.

The only thing you have to do is insert the bundled MB driver CD and do nothing else. It turned out that ASUS has an ASUSACPI.exe utility set to autorun. I wouldn't call this solution sleek or elegant in any way, but it works. Most of the time ;)

For everything else, there's google. (Reminds me of a pic where Bart Simpson was writing "I will use google before asking stupid questions" all over a blackboard)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe what you composed made a bunch of sense.
But, what about this? what if you wrote a catchier post
title? I mean, I don't wish to tell you how to run your website, but what if you added a post title that grabbed a person's attention?
I mean "Unknown device on ASUS P5B Deluxe" is a little boring.
You should look at Yahoo's home page and see how they create news headlines to get viewers to open the links. You might add a related video or a related pic or two to get readers interested about what you've
written. In my opinion, it could bring your website a little bit more
interesting.

my web site learn more

Anonymous said...

Wow that was unusual. I just wrote an very long comment but after I clicked submit my comment didn't show up. Grrrr... well I'm not writing all that over again.
Regardless, just wanted to say superb blog!

Also visit my web page ... view it now